- The Promoter
The Promoter is: Better Chances Ltd (company number: 11931960) of 79 Warwick Road, Thornton Heath, London, England, CR7 7NN (the ‘Promoter’).
- The Skill Competition
- The Skill Competition is called “No Ordinary House” (the ‘Skill Competition’) and is depending on the number of entries received by the Promoter to win either the Prize or the Cash Prize.
- The Skill Competition requires Entrants to complete an Entry Form (as defined) which includes the completion of an Entry Form which shall include answering a skill question, the Entrant’s contact details (which shall include name, address, email address, phone number and relevant card payment details) for entry into the Competition, together the ‘Entry Form’.
- How to enter
- The Competition will run from 00:01 on 16/09/2020 (the “Opening Date“) to 00:00 on 16/09/2021 (the ‘Closing Date’) inclusive. In the event that 120,000 paid entries are made, the Competition will close immediately and no further entries will be permitted. The Lifestyle prize competition for the Luxury Watch will run from 00:01 on 06/11/2020 to 00:00 on 06/05/2021. The Lifestyle prize competition for the Luxury Holiday will run from 00:01 on 06/11/2020 to 06/03/2021.
- All entries must be received by the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
- Entrants can enter the Competition by:
- entering the Competition online by creating an online account on the Website and answering the Skill Competition question on better-chances.com by the Closing Date.
- All entries include the administrative processing fee of 8% in the ticket price
- The cost of entry for the house competition is £11 per entry
- The cost of entry for the Luxury Watch is £4 per entry
- The cost of entry for the Luxury Holiday is £2 per entry
- Bundle purchase options will also be available:
- Combo all 3 consisting of 1 House ticket, 1 Luxury Watch ticket and 1 Luxury Holiday ticket. The price of the bundle has been discounted from £17 to £15
- Bronze Bundle Pack consisting of 1 House ticket, 3 Luxury Watch tickets and 3 Luxury Holiday tickets. The price of the bundle has been discounted from £29 to £20
- Silver Bundle Pack consisting of 2 House ticket, 3 Luxury Watch tickets and 4 Luxury Holiday tickets. The price of the bundle has been discounted from £42 to £30
- Gold Bundle Pack consisting of 3 House ticket, 5 Luxury Watch tickets and 5 Luxury Holiday tickets. The price of the bundle has been discounted from £63 to £50
- The maximum number of entries per individual is restricted to 1000.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind;
- entries received after the Closing Date; or
- entries which are subject to any chargeback, reversal of payment or fraud; or
- entries purchased with a method of payment which is not controlled by and registered to the individual entering the Skill Competition.
- By entering the Skill Competition, each Entrant warrants that they have provided the Promoter with accurate and up to date contact details on the Entry Form. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to make contact with any Entrant as a result of any errors, omissions and inaccuracies provided by the Entrant on the Entry Form.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for Entry Forms that they do not receive, regardless of cause, including but not limited to, as a result of failures in computer systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure, high internet traffic and other malfunctions of any kind whatsoever.
- By submitting an Entry Form each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms“), and agrees to be bound by the Promoter’s decisions in respect of the interpretation of these Terms and otherwise in relation to the Skill Competition. Entrants who do not comply with the Terms will not be eligible to win the Prize or alternatively, the Cash Prize. Once purchased, entries cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned.
- Please see www.better-chances.com for a copy of these Skill Competition Terms.
- The Winner of the Prize, the Cash Prize, the Lifestyle Prize(s) will be chosen at random, by an independent adjudicator from all valid and correctly answered entries received, on or before the Closing Date (the “Winner“).
- The Skill Competition is open to all residents of any country where such competitions are permitted by law and all entrants must be 18 years or over. It is the responsibility of the individual entering the Skill Competition to ensure that doing so would be lawful in the country of their residence and that there would be no restriction on them winning and accepting the Prize or the Cash Prize (“Entrants “), with the exception of:
- employees of the Promoter;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter who are professionally connected with the Skill Competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the Skill Competition, the Entrant confirms that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize, the Cash Prize, The Lifestyle Prize(s) as the case may be. The Promoter may require the Entrant to provide proof that the Entrant is eligible to enter the Skill Competition.
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- from countries disallowed by its payment processor: Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States of America.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual submitting an Entry Form, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the individual in whose name the e-mail account associated with the Entry Form is registered on the date the Entry Form is submitted.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify an Entrant if the Entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Skill Competition or the Entrant has acted or is in breach of any of the Terms.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- The Prize
- Entrants should note that the prize will either be the Prize or the Cash Prize as set out at clauses 4.2 and 4.3.
- The prize is the freehold residential property at 118 Tempsford Avenue, Borehamwood, WD6 2NU which is registered at HM land Registry with title number: HD241424 (the “Prize“). The Prize will be transferred to the Winner free from all mortgages, charges and other encumbrances and shall include payment by the Promoter of stamp duty land tax on the transfer (where applicable) and all solicitors’ fees and disbursements incurred in transferring the Prize to the Winner. The Prize does not include: water, electricity and gas bills; building and contents insurance; any maintenance, utility, licence or upkeep costs associated with the property; any phone bills associated with the property; council tax; and/or any other costs once the property has transferred to the Winner. The Winner will have to pay their own moving in and accommodation costs. The Promoter does not guarantee the value of the Prize or its structural condition. Entrants shall rely on their own enquiries and legal advice in relation to the Prize before entering the Skill Competition.
- In the event that the Promoter does not receive 120,000 paid entries by the Closing Date, the prize will not be the Prize but will be a cash prize which will be 50%* of the total amount of Payments received by the Promoter less the transaction fees (the ‘Cash Prize’). [*The 50% figures refer to all entry fees received but excludes the payment processing fee. For example if 100,000 tickets were sold at £11, total entries would be £1,100,000 less payment processing fees would be £1,012,000. Therefore the winner would receive 50% of £1,012,000 which is £506,000.]
- In the event the Promoter does not receive 4,000 paid entries by the closing date of the Luxury Watch competition the winner will receive 50%* of the total amount of Payments received by the Promoter less the transaction fee. [*The 50% figures refer to all entry fees received but excludes the payment processing fee. For example if 3,000 tickets were sold at £4, total entries would be £12,000 less payment processing fees would be £11,040. Therefore the winner would receive 50% of £11,040 which is £5,520.]
- In the event the Promoter does not receive 3,000 paid entries by the closing date of the Luxury Holiday competition the winner will receive 50%* of the total amount of Payments received by the Promoter less the transaction fee. [*The 50% figures refer to all entry fees received but excludes the payment processing fee. For example if 2,000 tickets were sold at £2, total entries would be £4,000 less payment processing fees would be £3680. Therefore the winner would receive 50% of £3680 which is £1840.]
- The Winner of the Prize shall sign a deed of transfer (and any other relevant documents) to transfer the Prize into the Winner’s name within 30 days of transfer of the Prize.
- Where the Prize has been won in accordance with clause 2.1, the Promoter shall register the Prize at HM Land Registry in the Winner’s name.
- The Winner is responsible for all and any other expenses, charges, costs and arrangements not specifically and expressly included in these Terms.
- The Prize, the Cash Prize and the Lifestyle Prize(s) are not negotiable or transferable.
- If the minimum number of entries have not been sold by the Promoter by the Closing Date of each relevant competition, the Winner shall be required to provide the Promoter with its nominated bank details in writing for the Cash Prize to be paid into. By providing its nominated bank details, the Winner warrants that the Winner’s bank details are accurate and correct. The Promoter shall rely on the written bank details provided by the Winner. The Promoter shall not be liable or responsible for any inaccuracies, errors or delays arising as a result of the bank details not being correct.
- Winners and final decision
- The Winner will be selected at random from all correct skill entries by Sterling Lotteries. An Alternate Winner will also be selected at the same time. Incorrect entries will not be entered into the draw.
- The decision of Sterling Lotteries is final and no correspondence, communication or discussion will be entered into.
- The Winner of the Skill Competition will be announced on the Website as soon as reasonably practicable after the Winner has been selected following the Closing Date (“Announcement Date“).
- The Promoter will contact the Winner of the Prize, Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) by way of telephone call and email as soon as reasonably practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided on the Winner’s Entry Form.
- Subject to the Winner’s consent, the Promoter shall publish the name and country of the Winner on the Website within 48 hours of the Winner claiming the Prize or the Cash Prize, as the case may be, in accordance with clause 7. In the absence of consent, the Winner’s consents to his/her initials and city/town of residence only being published.
- Claiming the prize
- The Winner of the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) as the case may be, will have 35 days from the Announcement Date to claim the Prize or the Cash Prize. The Winner may be required to provide proof of their identity and payment method to prove that they entered the Skill Competition. If the Winner does not claim the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) within 35 days, or cannot be contacted by the Promoter using the contact details provided on the Entry Form, the Winner’s claim will become invalid and they will no longer be entitled to claim the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s).
- The Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) may not be claimed by a third party on the Winner’s behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner. If the Winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) within 35 of days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter will offer the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) to the next individual selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date, in accordance with these Terms (the “Alternate Winner“). The Alternate Winner shall have 35 days from the announcement to claim their Prize, Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) and the same contact arrangements as set out above shall apply. In the event that the Alternate Winner cannot be contacted, the draw will be re-run and a new Winner will be selected, until the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) has been claimed.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner(s). If a Winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the Prize, the Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) within 35 days of the Announcement Date the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any loss howsoever caused.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize, Cash Prize or the Lifestyle Prize(s) except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- The Winner of the Skill Competition agrees that, subject only to the Winner’s consent, the Promoter may use their name, image and town or county of residence to announce the Winner of this Skill Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- The Winner further agrees, subject only to the Winner’s consent, to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Skill Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Skill Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Schedule One (the ‘Prize’)
The Prize the freehold residential property at 118 Tempsford Avenue, Borehamwood, WD6 2NU which is registered at HM land Registry with title number: HD241424 and all fixtures and furnishings contained within it on the Closing Date.
Schedule Two (the ‘Lifestyle Prize(s)’ – Luxury Watch)
Rolex Datejust 41 – Oyster, 41mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
Schedule Three (the ‘Monthly Cash Prize’ – Luxury Holiday)
5 Nights – 2 People, Pullman Maldives Maamutaa
Ultimate All-Inclusive Pullman Maldives with Unlimited Premium Drinks & Dining